Monday, January 27, 2014

Tour moves on...

Pretty dramatical finish we had to the mens final. Nadal taking a trainer. Wawrinka choking in third set. Market was pretty spooked during 2nd and 3d set.

Pretty much everytime a big event is over I feel a big relief that it's over. Usually this has to do with the wierd working hours. So I'm pretty happy that the tour is taking a turn now and moving towards america with some stops here in europe before.

I don't know about you guys but my latency to the AUS wallet/markets is usually around 300-400 milliseconds which is kind of horrible. I usually dont get caught by snipers but happened a few times during these couple of weeks they where in the pacific area. So that is also nice to be working with a normal latency with a ping of 50ish...

This week we have alot of WTA action from Paris & Pattaya. The ATP tour is on hold for some Davis Cup to get underway this weekend. So there will be plenty of matches to grind this week aswell!


Got a nice e-mail from Betfair the other day. Basically said: Congratulations, now we are gonna grab an extra 1.5% from your pockets. For us that does not live in UK, Australia, Italy, Gibraltar. They have increased the commission to 6.5% from 5%. Cheers Betfair!

I understand them. They are in a situation that its possible for them to milk their costumers cause there isn't any competition. I would probably do the same if I where in their shoes. But I must say that I really wish/hope their greedy business model someday goes down in flames... =)

Stay Sharp!

/Sammy

5 comments:

  1. Well said about betfair... I received the same email. In Switzerland two rises in half a year. This salami tactic hate the most. You will see in half a year they will rise it again. Would not surprise me if we are heading direct way to 10%. If you like to add my blog in your blog roll, I would appreciate it very much. Your one is already added.

    http://brucelaytrading.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure no problem buddy, ill add it to the blogroll.

      /Sammy

      Delete
  2. Completly agree with everything. If they dont get any competition in excanges, they will rise it to 8% or 10% for sure. My comm is 7 or 7.1 I am for Serbia and it will get bigger in time for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete