Wednesday, December 18, 2013

2013

Hey Guys!

(I was just writing from the top of my head so it might seem like a lot of rambling)

As we all know tennis season ended a while ago and I have been doing basically nothing for soon one month. It was at first very awkward in a sense. Cause i didn't know what to do the first week, hence the fact that there was no matches going on and therefore nothing to trade.

Now I have been much better to relax in the fact that i do have holidays and can rest for the long season that is ahead of us.

So maybe its time to reflect on what happened in 2013. When i first started trading in february 2012, I kind of didn't know what to expect. Now almost 2 years later its kind of weird how fast time has gone and I was able to successfully learn how to earn a living trading tennis markets. 2013 was the best year financially for me ever in my career as a professional gambler or in any career that I have been in.

When i think back I can't really remember what happened during the year. Its like a big blur at least the first part of 2013. But April and May really got the wheels turning for me (for real) and they kept going for the rest of the year.

So what do I think about the markets this year. Well I think there is still loads of flaws in the market. Tennis is a really hard market to set perfect odds on due to the fact that an odds can be good in a trading perspective but in another time aspect be very bad in value for punting. And of course vice versa. There has been much more activity from the market makers in the second part of 2013 from my experience. Making the margins smaller for us traders due to the high liquidity and court side information.

On a personal development I gotten a bit stronger mentally to be able to trade with larger amounts without the brain totally jamming up. This has always been a big thing for me that I have struggled with to be able to handle risk. Its still an issue in a sense cause its holding me back from achieving greater results. But it's a double edged sword. Its hard to say maybe I wouldn't be in this position if i wasn't this risk conscious. I think its different for some people But in some cases I get very timid and therefor missing out on opportunities.

In the craftsmanship of trading tennis in a technical sense I think I'm kind of good maneuvering the market and "feeling it" and using it to my advantage.

My thoughts on 2014? I hope it will be great of course but who knows. Recent results says that it will probably go even better next year (would be kind of insane) but when I think about it I never feel to confident a lot of things can happen Its when you get comfortable you are the most vulnerable.

Enough rambling...

Merry christmas & Stay Sharp!

If you got questions. Leave it in comments section or send an e-mail.

/Sammy

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sammy

    Hope you have a good start to 2014, would you mind adding my blog to your Blogs list, I've been running it for about 6 months now. I've had yours on my blogroll for a while now :)

    I'm looking to make a more serious impact into tennis trading in the new season after two season of mixed success.

    If you get time could you take a look at the Trading / Betting Database video on my post on the 8th December - it's only 9 minutes long, I'm looking for feedback for what would be useful to have in the database, for record keeping, queries, reports etc. So feedback from someone who is a professional gambler would be very helpful (I'm interested in knowing what information you would want available or that you log).

    Hope you have a good 2014, would be good also if you manage to post a bit more frequently in the new year :)

    TA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog link is here http://tennisalchemist.blogspot.co.uk/

      TA

      Delete
    2. Hey TA!

      Sure I added your site to the bloggroll no problem. I'll take a look at the video and give some feedback.

      About post frequency ill try to get better at it. When season starts i'll probably pick it up again. We will see =)

      Delete
    3. Many thanks Sammy.

      Look forward to reading some more posts in 2014!

      TA

      Delete